Ashnazg [ACCEPTED]

Joining the Tuskers

Ashnazg [ACCEPTED]

Postby Ashnazg » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:57 pm

1. How old are you, and where are you from (include your timezone)?
- I am 26, living in Germany, so that's CEST/CET for my timezone.

2. Why do you want to join the Tuskers? How did you hear about us?
- I am looking for fun people to lose ships with because all my old social circles are more or less dead. Tuskers is a name you know if you've played the game long enough. :)

3. What's been your EVE experience to date? In particular, what were your last few corporations/alliances; why did you join and leave them? Are there any other games that you play?
- Right now I am in LUMPY, mostly because I knew some guys in there and it promised regular pvp, but it's not what I am looking for (their focus isn't on small scale and it shows). I have been with Matari Exodus and Turn Left before, but those are more or less dead. I have been in a number of small German small scale corps in between my tenures with .exo. and TL, but I've always been active in those sort of social circles.
My intention is to be able to log in during prime times and just find some dudes to explode something with. If there are other games we can play together, even better!

4. Please confirm that you've read The Tusker Code and will abide by it.
- I do! (do we kiss?)

5. To prove you've got what it takes to be a solo PVPer, please link five solo kills outside of high security space including two kills against a more powerful ship class than your own (for example frig vs cruiser, or t1 frig vs t2/faction frig). Fights where you took on multiple ships of your own class (e.g. cruiser vs 2x cruiser) and came away with multiple kills also count. This isn't as hard as it sounds - if you'd like advice drop by The Tuskers Public Channel in game and we'll help you out. Video evidence (i.e. fraps) is also nice to see.
- Excuse the old kills. I've been away some time.
Arty Wolf vs Slicer https://zkillboard.com/kill/65005663/
Enyo vs Svipul https://zkillboard.com/kill/45222274/
Vengeance vs Vaga & Stiletto https://zkillboard.com/kill/34535309/
Gnosis vs Curse, Ares, Flycatcher, Malediction & Arazu https://zkillboard.com/related/30000846/201309221300/
Ishtar vs Pinata PvE Navy Drake https://zkillboard.com/kill/31116693/ :^)
Enyo vs Bunch of T1 Frigs https://zkillboard.com/related/30003276/201209141600/
I probably had links at least in the Gnosis/Ishtar kills.

6. Tuskers use Mumble to verbally communicate during gangs as well as socially. Can you confirm you are willing to install Mumble and own functioning headphones and a microphone?
- Of course.

7. The Tuskers is a corporation for mains. We're OK with you having alts in other corporations for the purposes of making ISK, but not for PvP. Please confirm that the character you're applying with is your main, and let us know about any alts you have in other corporations.
- I have an 'PvP alt', Rashiri, and a Scouting/Boosting alt, Romain Remeaux. And a bunch of useless characters sitting in the other slots.

8. Provide your API keys via this Google Form.
- Done.

9. You need to have vouches from at least 2 active Tuskers. This is simply to maximize the chances of you finding the corporation a good fit and vice-versa. It's fine if you don't have these vouches before you apply - move into our wormhole (free ships are provided) or other active systems, fight against us, with us, join our public roams or jump on our comms and the vouches will take care of themselves quickly. As many Tuskers base out of our wormhole, we can give you access to the wormhole and provide you free ships until you acquire these vouches.
- On it!

10. What experiences (if any) have you had in a wormhole and would you be interested in moving into one with a constant null sec & wormhole exit?
- I move where the fun is. :)

~~

Now to the free-form parts!

I like small gangs and solo. I like to explode others and I don't mind occasionally blowing myself up in the process. My first year(s?) of pvp were pretty piracy-heavy, but I slowly moved away from that and to a pvp style that's more focused on not being financially responsible. I've flown with Matari Exodus many years, even met them a few times in real life. I've had stints with Turn Left and did some other smaller projects in between those bigger names all the time.

I've played Team Fortress 2 for many years, competitively, too; which was actually one of the reasons EVE took the backseat in the first place. I gave EVE a few more shots in the following years but never got anywhere near the activity and enthusiasm I am at right now (which is also because I actually have time for EVE right now).

I did some streaming a few months back, but have put that on ice for now, but might be interested in taking that up again at some point in the not-so-far future - but I certainly won't stream EVE I don't think. You only get stream sniped. Fuck that.

Now I am here again. My first online game. A decade after I made this character. Damn. Looking forward to losing some ships together. It'll be fun! :)

Re: ashnazg

Postby Brett Thomas Thomas » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:41 pm

Hey nice app.
I'm curious about the wolf fit especially when it killed a slicer.
Can you link the fit? And explain why it's fit that way?

Postby Ashnazg » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:00 pm

Fitting:
Spoiler: show
[Wolf, 280mm]

Gyrostabilizer II
Tracking Enhancer II
Tracking Enhancer II
Nanofiber Internal Structure II
Micro Auxiliary Power Core I

Initiated Compact Warp Disruptor
5MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive

280mm Howitzer Artillery II, Republic Fleet Phased Plasma S
[Empty High slot]

Small Processor Overclocking Unit I
Small Projectile Collision Accelerator I

Republic Fleet EMP S x200
Republic Fleet Fusion S x200
Republic Fleet Phased Plasma S x200
Nanite Repair Paste x100

Why is it fit like that? I had it sitting in Agil from before my last break. Had to downgrade the point to something that fits, not sure if there were any changes to the Wolf or if I had implants for that ship.

But it's fast, it tracks well enough, packs a good punch with the 280's. I used to fly both more speedy fits with 250's which are great against very fast stuff or burning out of a bubble, and slightly slower 280's versions which are probably really close to the above fit.

That being said, the Slicer should've won this, had me in half armour IIRC; but he was far too passive, I imagine brawling me with Multifrequency would've been better. Or even 'brawling' with Scorch.

Buuuuuuut, maybe I am wrong. I really just hit approach, heated MWD and tried to kill the Slicer as fast as possible because he was busy trying to disengage.

Postby Brett Thomas Thomas » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:12 pm

Iirc the change was to the arty when it got teircided.
Most smaller ships are fit with a ancil or an active rep like the Enyo you flew with longdrinks. So really playing passive and catching you invented his ancil gave him a EHP advantage was the way to win that fight for the slicer, he just sucked at it.
Okay another question we have a WH into nullsec what's your ship of choice?

Postby Javeeik » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:57 am

The arty wolf packs a nasty punch and its fast enough to make sure it can hit well, despite it having little tank slicers melt in two volleys usually. I've killed numerous slicers in it ;)

love that Vaga fit :lol:

Postby Glasi Vookto » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:00 am

Brett Thomas Thomas wrote:Iirc the change was to the arty when it got teircided.
Most smaller ships are fit with a ancil or an active rep like the Enyo you flew with longdrinks. So really playing passive and catching you invented his ancil gave him a EHP advantage was the way to win that fight for the slicer, he just sucked at it.
Okay another question we have a WH into nullsec what's your ship of choice?

Not really. That was a very tough matchup for the Slicer. That Wolf has close to 3 times more efffective HP against the slicer and the arties will punch through the active reps like butter. Slicer's best chance would be to get in close and keep high transversal to take advantage of the higher tracking of pulses, although that forces him to commit and win or die.

Postby Johnny Twelvebore » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:05 pm

really want to try an arty wolf..
Bloody hell, another EVE blog http://johnnytwelvebore.wordpress.com/

Postby Ashnazg » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:26 pm

Brett Thomas Thomas wrote:Iirc the change was to the arty when it got teircided.

I have no idea what you're telling me in the last sentence, but I have to agree with the others above that an Arty Wolf is a tough opponent for any Slicer.

That being said, Arty Wolfs are superb fun boats, I fondly remember the occasional one-volley-kill of some less-than-perfectly piloted & fitted interceptor.

Brett Thomas Thomas wrote:Okay another question we have a WH into nullsec what's your ship of choice?

I dunno. I don't really have favourite ships. I like active tanks, I like brawling. Ranis/Comet are probably always a good bet, Slicer, Wolf I have used often too. Did a lot of Enyo back in the day. Dual rep, dual prop SFI was godly, have yet to try it again; I did active Myrmidons and the like a few time.

I never really got into active shield fits, but certainly don't dislike them.

In a gang I fly what's needed, I enjoy logi or tackle or whatever, but don't mind being a DPS ship either. I appreciate the occasional well-organized gang, like RR HAM Drakes or Armor Talos with Oneiros support... bah, I dunno. It's a hard question, okay??

I wanna try an ab Succubus... So that's gonna be a lossmail very soon.

Postby Johnny Twelvebore » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:09 pm

Vouch 1

Postby Dana Walker » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:18 am

Vouch +1 for Saturdays Loki fleet.

Postby Johnny Twelvebore » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:47 pm

Thanks Dana, pending API check welcome to Tuskers

Return to “Recruitment”